Faro, Portugal is one of the most romantic spots to travel for lovers, newlyweds, or anyone that is looking for a great place to hide away and relax. Here are some of the best tips for you, if Faro Portugal is a destination in your future.
Cheap Flights to Faro Airport
Finding cheap flights to Faro Airport is a simple task when you look in the right place. The locations that offer the best discounts normally require booking in advance in order to save a lot of money. Our site has deals that come up all hours of the day and night. Search through them and find the best deals for your trip to save money.
Faro Airport Information
Once you travel to Faro it’s nice to know what to expect at the airport. This Faro Airport information can save time and money once you land. Here are some of the available choices at the airport.
– The airport is approximately 4 km away from Faro.
– Taxis are available.
– There are 36 boarding gates.
– There are 10 companies to use for car hire services. Discounts are always listed.
– There is a bus shuttle called the circuit bus that goes from the airport to the city centre.
– There are other buses that go to other nearby cities.
– There are Algarve Shuttles available that will offer you greater comfort.
Taxis at Faro Airport
If you decide to use one of the taxis, then you need to know about that before arriving. They are located in the front of where you exit the planes. It is black and white and clearly lists all of the prices. The taxis are all regulated, so there is no risk of being ripped off when you ride. There are a few things to note.
– There is a maximum of four people allowed per taxi.
– Some taxis will allow more if you ask about the price options.
– There are tariffs 6 am to 9 pm.
– There are different prices for tariffs from 9 pm to 6 am.
– Holidays change the tariffs to be paid for the ride.
– Oversized baggage causes a surcharge to be applied, so travel light.
– Highway tolls are paid by you and not by the driver.
Hotels in Algarve
There are several options for hotels in the area. Some are luxury hotels, but there are others which you can stay at if you are on a budget. Here are three listed from the luxury to the less expensive hotels in Algarve.
Pestana Alvor South Beach:
This is the luxury location to stay if luxury is what you are looking for on your trip. The hotel has 79 guest rooms. It offers three pools to chose from, and a fitness center that rivals any gym you know. The pools all have pool-side massages available, and all of the room face either the beach or one of the three luxurious pools. There is a daily complimentary buffet for breakfast that will rival some of the best brunches in the world. The bar has food and the 5-star restaurant in the hotel is an excellent choice for an evening of splurging for a romantic night.
This is a wonderful mid-range hotel that looks romantic. Located in the arts district, it’s easy to miss this little gem if you don’t know about it beforehand. It has only 9 rooms, so be sure to book before traveling. Be warned though that this is a place for those that want a romantic hideaway only, as there are only one pool and absolutely no television or other luxurious services.
Vila Galé Lagos
This is a chain hotel in the country of Portugal. While it is called one, you would never know. It is a lovely choice for the budget minded who want that full-service hotel feel. It is the cheapest. There are 306 rooms, free WiFi, room service, a gym, business center, spa, indoor pool and hot tub and even a restaurant and kid’s club to give mom and dad some time to themselves.